JMeter : Load/Performance Test Tool
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does Jmeter support url's with .action extension for Load testing

2 posters

Go down

Does Jmeter support url's with .action extension for Load testing Empty Does Jmeter support url's with .action extension for Load testing

Post  qa.element Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:06 pm

Hi Friends,
I have been facing issues while trying to perform Load test on the url's with .action extension . Here is the scenario :

i have a url named login.action . now i am logging in into my application(through Jmeter) and recording the urls i have to hit which have .action as extension . When i run the test i observe in the results that all the urls that are getting hit are giving results of the page login.action and i could not get the response times of any of the required url's .

Please help on this !

qa.element

Back to top Go down

Does Jmeter support url's with .action extension for Load testing Empty Re: Does Jmeter support url's with .action extension for Load testing

Post  glinius Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:37 pm

.action extension basically stands for Java web application built with Apache Struts framework. JMeter works pretty well with any web application including struts ones. Looking into your question given all the requests hitting login.action I guess that your script is failing at login page and doesn't go further.

I suggest trying the following:

1. Add "View Results Tree" listener to the end of your test
  2. Execute your test
  3. Open "Response Data" tab for login.action request and verify that it login page is displayed
  4. Open following request (which assumes to be logged in) and verify that login page is not displayed and HTML corresponds to page you're trying to test

My expectation that you're missing something obvious, like cookies. View Results Tree listener allows inspecting request details including cookies and headers. You can try accessing your application under test i.e. via Firefox browser with "HttpFox" or "Firebug" extension enabled and look what headers are being sent to the server and do the same for JMeter requests. If you're missing cookies it worth trying to automatically fetching them via HTTP Cookie manager which works pretty good. Don't forget to set CookieManager.save.cookies=true property in jmeter.properties file as this property defaults to "false". jmeter.properties file lives under /bin folder of your JMeter installation.

Hope this helps,

Dmitri.

glinius

Back to top Go down

Does Jmeter support url's with .action extension for Load testing Empty Re: Does Jmeter support url's with .action extension for Load testing

Post  qa.element Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:12 am

Hi Dmitri ,

Thanks for the reply as it did help me with the issue. it had something to do with the cookies so i have added a HTTP Cookie Manager .

qa.element

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down